Open Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Focused on Solutions Our legal team is dedicated to aggressively
pursuing the best solution for your case.

Newport Beach Modifications Lawyers

We Help Clients Find Solutions

Are you displeased or upset with a family law court order finalizing child custody, visitation, spousal support, or child support? Perhaps your circumstances have changed significantly or you and your ex-spouse have come to another arrangement on your own. Perhaps you were never happy with the final outcome to begin with and feel that your case was not presented properly to the court. Whatever the situation may be, you will have to petition the family law court for a modification of the existing ruling. To ensure that your case is handled appropriately, it is essential to seek the advice of one of our Newport Beach modifications attorneys.

Need to modify your divorce issue ruling? Call Bremer Whyte Brown & O’Meara at (949) 229-8546 today or contact us via our online request form.

California Divorce Ruling Modifications

The least complicated and most cost-effective way to modify a divorce ruling is when the two parties have come to an agreement on their own concerning the changes that need to be made. The parties will still have to submit their case to the court for approval. Only then will it become legally binding and enforceable.

If you and your ex-spouse are not in agreement as to the changes you believe should be made, you will need to petition the court with legal arguments backing up your claim.

Requests for child support or spousal support modifications must show a significant change in your or your ex-spouse's circumstances.

Examples of changes in material circumstances include:

  • One of the parents remarries
  • One of the parents has a job change which significantly impacts his or her income
  • The needs of the child change due to illness, injury, or other circumstances
  • One of the parents becomes permanently disabled

Child custody or visitation rulings also require the requesting party to show a substantial change in circumstances which would support the request. These modification requests are much more complicated and challenging to obtain due to the issue of upsetting the child’s stability. Because of this, you will need the skilled guidance of an experienced Newport Beach modifications lawyer in presenting your case.

Contact Bremer Whyte Brown & O’Meara today for modifications representation. Call (949) 229-8546 or contact us online.

Why Hire Bremer Whyte Brown & O'Meara, LLP?

  • Experience with Complex, High-Value Cases

  • Highly Awarded by Prestigious Associations

  • Thoughtful, Competent Representation

  • Four Certified Family Law Specialists

  • Experienced Trial Attorneys

  • 70+ Years of Combined Experience